WEROKA HOLDING (SPRL)(DRC) have already negotiated the contracts for projects.
The List of Projects can be obtained here.
A N A P I
National Agency for Investment Promotion
Democratic Republic of Congo
Huge market in the heart of Africa
Promising and booming economy.
Important economic measures taken by the Government since 2001.
- Liberalization of national economy (all sectors, among which mining, oil and prices);
- Implementation of floating rate system (instead of government fixing system);
- Cutting of some rates of domestic tax;
- Setting up of modern and incentive new laws (Investment Code, Mining Code, Forest Code, Labour Code);
- Revival of structural cooperation with bilateral and multilateral partners.
- Stability of macro-economic parameters;
- Inflation control;
- Economic growth boosted.
SO MANY OPPORTUNITIES WITHIN EVERYONE'S REACH
5 Head of State priority Projects
- Processing industries;
- Agribusiness and Breeding;
Housing (Real state);
Drinking water and Electricity;
Health and Education.
Possible funding strategies:
Public - Private Partnership.
Public - Public Partnership.
Private - Private Partnership.
Some worthwhile projects for private investors, even from the public sector in DRC
Mining and Hydrocarbons
- Setting up big mining companies for exploiting copper in Katanga, diamond in both Kasaï, nickel-chromium in Western Kasaï, gold in Eastern Province and Kivu, coltan in Kivu, iron ore at banalia and Luebo.
- Exploitation of methane gas in Kivu.
- Oil search in coastal basin (Bas-Congo) and prospecting in the Central Basin and Iturbi.
- Oil exploitation in Iturbi in Eastern Province.
- Transport infrastructures and of distribution of oil products in urban centres.
Agriculture, forestry and breeding
- Re-launch of food crops all over the area: maize, rice, tomatoes, groundnuts, bananas, etc.
- Re-launch of export-oriented lasting crops: cotton, coffee, hevea, tea, cocoa, etc.
- Re-launch of palm-oil production for consumption and bio fuel.
- Production and transportation of rough lumber (Equateur, Eastern Province, 2 Kasaï, Bandundu, Mayumbe).
- Industrial processing of timber (Kinshasa, Kisangani, Kananga).
- Production of wood pulp (Kinshasa).
- Sugar cane farming.
- Cattle breeding (Katanga, Kivu, Eastern Province, Bas-Congo).
- Pig breeding throughout DRC, poultry farming and fish breeding.
- Local production of milk (Katanga, Kivu, Eastern Province, Bas-Congo).
- Rehabilitation of Agro-industrial Domain of N'Sele (Kinshasa).
- Activities of fluvial, sea and lake fishing.
- Manufacturing industries: (manufacture of food products, tobacco industry, leather and textile industry, timber and paper industry, chemical industry and of chemicals manufacture, oil and coal by-products, rubber and plastic pieces of work, manufacture of building materials, cement factory).
- Basic metallurgic industry: (Steel metallurgy, production and first processing of non ferrous metals, manufacture of metal pieces of work, manufacture of electric appliances and supplies).
- Pharmaceutical industry: (production of medicines, small medical apparatus, serums containing glucose, syringes, and so on).
- Other industries: (Assemblage of computers, motor vehicles, household appliances….)
Banking and Insurance
- Setting up banks and micro-finance institutions in the capital-city and in provinces chief-towns and in districts.
- Setting up new insurance companies.
- Some existing Banks: Citibank, Stanbic Bank, Rawbank, Procredit Bank, BCDC, BIC, Banque Congolaise Bank, Trust Merchant Bank, BIAC, ECOBANK, Afriland First Bank, Solidaire Banque, FIBANK, etc.
- Development and management of parks and protected natural reserves: Virunga, Salonga, Kahuzi Biega, Maïko, Kundelungu.
- Building up-to-date hotels in many urban centres.
- Modernizing national parks.
- Development of various kinds of tourism (swimming tourism, of fauna and flora, cultural and of Congolese tradition, historical, of escape, etc).
- Creation of travel agencies and tourist agencies.
- Re-launch of traditional crafts activities.
Electricity and drinking water
Note: This sector has been liberalized
- Building of the 2nd THT line Inga-Kinshasa of 260 Km;
- Rehabilitation and extension of MT and BT distribution networks of Kinshasa and other provinces' chief-towns;
- Building of the HT line Maluku-Kenge-Masimanimba-Bulungu-Kikwit of around 499 Km;
- Building of hydroelectric stations of Kakobola (6MW), Katende (10MW), Bengamisa (15MW), Nepoko (10MW), Kisalala (6MW), Mugomba (40MW), Busanga (300MW), Inga 3 (3,500MW), …
- Building of the HT line Bandundu-Mbandaka (466 Km) and Gbadolite-Businga-Gemena-Libenge (400 Km);
- Connecting electricity to Kananga from the direct power THT line Inga-Kolwezi;
- Building of the lines Goma-Butembo-Beni (312 Km) and Bukavu - Shabunda - Kalima - Kindu (368 Km);
- Supplying rural centres with electricity (hydrolian, solar, wind, … technology) using new technologies;
- Turning centres supplied by thermal stations into hydroelectricity;
- Improvement of drinking water distribution networks throughout the country;
- Building of fresh water mains :
- Congo-desert zones Project;
- Congo-Middle East Project
- Building and modernizing railroads (Kinshasa-Matadi, Kinshasa-Ilebo, Ilebo-Kananga-Mwene Ditu-Miabi-Sakanya, Kamina-Kalemie (SNCC), Ubundu-Kisangani).
- Building highways and asphalted roads for interconnecting Provinces from North to South, from East to West.
- Building, strengthening and rehabilitating urban roads in Kinshasa and in Provinces.
- Building of up-to-date hospitals and modern healthcare in Kinshasa and in all territories.
- Building modern universities.
- Building council houses.
- Dredging of the Congo river bed (Matadi - Atlantic Ocean).
- Beaconing of navigable reaches (Kinshasa - Kisangani, Kinshasa - Ilebo).
Transport and ports
- Building of the motorway N'djili Airport - town centre of Kinshasa.
- Rehabilitation and building of N'djili Airport.
- Rehabilitation of Lubumbashi airport.
- Setting up of city transport companies in Kinshasa and in provinces chief-towns.
- Building of a railway line Matadi-Banana (Bas-Congo).
- Improvement of the navigability of major water courses by dredging and beaconing.
- Building of a deep water port at Banana (Bas-Congo).
- Development of cellular telephony and internet all over the national area.
- Expansion of cable network of fixed telephone throughout the national area.
- Connection to international fibre optics.
- DRC's Constitution: Freedom of enterprise for all, right of sacred ownership.
- Investment Code (law n°604/2002 of February 21, 2002).
- Equal treatment between all investors, regardless of their nationalities ;
- Exclusion of nationalization and expropriation;
- Observance of vested interests rights by investors;
- Right to transfer income abroad;
- Customs and tax advantages (approval).
- Various assistance to investors ;
- Grant of customs and tax advantages ;
- Providing investors with information ;
- Stabilization of investment climate;
- Search of local and foreign partners;
- Search of land concessions and/or premises;
- Fulfilment of legal and administrative formalities required;
- Help settle dispute with services;
- Provision of information;
- Accompaniment to favour competitiveness and business expansion;
- Miscellaneous facilitations, etc.
Right now is about the best time ever to establish in the DRC and invest in the infrastructure development and refurbishment of this beautiful country, regardless of the challenges, which are far less than the many opportunities it offers.
INVEST IN DRC
HEART OF AFRICA
LAND OF INVESTMENTS
FOR MORE INFORMATION ON THE NEW LEGAL FRAMEWORK AND INVESTMENT SECURITY, CONTACT:
Web site: www.anapi.org
Credits: Information obtained from ANAPI.